Friday, August 16, 2013

How to Root your Asus Memo HD 7, TF300T, M173x



I received a Asus Memo HD 7 today. I did this from a Windows 7 Machine, so I will be writing from that perspective. I couldn't find an exact set of instructions from start to finish for this, so I wanted to whip one up.

Step 1: Enable USB Debugging on your ASUS HD 7
  • Navigate to Settings > About Tablet
  • Then tap 7 times on the Build Number section.
    • You will see it say "You are now a developer!”
  • Now navigate to Settings > Developer Options > Debugging > USB Debugging
  • Press to enable
Step 2: Attach Tablet to PC
  • Use the included USB cable to hook up the tablet to your PC
  • Let windows find the drivers for it. It may take a few minutes, but it should work fine.
Step 3: Rooting the Device
  • Download MotoChopper
  • Extract zip file
  • Run the run.bat file that is included
  • When it hangs, go to your tablet and Disagree to let Google check your installed apps.
  • MotoChopper should continue
  • It will then ask you to press any key to reboot and root
Step 4: Enjoy your rooted device
I will be using this tablet for a single function in an industrial setting. I needed to root this only to install all the crapware. I did not need to install a custom ROM.

If you want to install CyanogenMod, go here to get the download, then follow the instructions on the Wiki.

If you need a good Micro-SD card for the device, I highly recommend the SanDisk Extreme series. Also, if you are looking for a good case, start here.

References:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=40129120&postcount=1

No comments:

Post a Comment